- Advertisements are accepted for publication at the discretion of the editor of Tabloid Newspapers. Note. When an advertisement is received, an acknowledgement will be sent to the email address provided by the advertiser. The sending of this acknowledgement does not constitute an acceptance of the advertisement or an undertaking to publish the advertisement in a Tabloid Newspaperís publication
- The right of Tabloid Newspapers to edit an advertisement, in particular to abridge when necessary, is reserved.
- Advertisements must be accompanied by the correct payment, and must be received by the published deadline. No refund can be made for cancellation after the acceptance of advertisements.
- Once an advertisement has been submitted for publication, no change to the text can be accepted.
- Voucher copies or cuttings cannot be supplied.
- Two separate charging arrangements will apply, for commercial and private advertisers. The rates applicable at any time will be published regularly and may be obtained upon enquiry. The rates, and guidance on applicability of each rate, are also available online.
- The editor’s decision regarding applicability of these rates to an individual advertiser will be final.
- Tabloid Newspapers accept no responsibility for the content of any advertisement published in any of its publications. Readers should note that the inclusion of any advertisement in no way implies approval or recommendation of either the terms of any offer contained in it or of the advertiser by Tabloid Newspapers..
- While every care is taken to avoid mistakes, the publisher cannot accept liability for any errors, misprints, or omissions in the printing of an advertisement due to third parties, subcontractors or inaccurate copy instructions or where the error, misprint or omission whether or not due to Tabloid Newspapers does not, in Tabloid Newspapers reasonable opinion, materially detract from the advertisement.
- Without prejudice, in the event of any error, misprint, or omission in the printing of an advertisement or part of an advertisement, Tabloid Newspapers will at its option either reinsert the advertisement or relevant part of the advertisement as the case may be, or make in its discretion a reasonable refund of or adjustment to the cost. No reinsertion refund or adjustment will be made where the error, misprint, or omission does not in Tabloid Newspapers reasonable opinion materially detract from the advertisement.
- The total liability of Tabloid Newspapers for any error, misprint, or omission shall not exceed the amount of a full refund of any price paid to Tabloid Newspapers for the advertisement in connection with which liability arose or the cost of a further or corrective advertisement of a type and standard reasonably comparable to that in connection with which liability arose.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions seeks to exclude any liability which cannot be excluded at law.
Copyright in artwork
- The copyright for all purposes in all artwork, copy and other material which Tabloid Newspapers or its employees, have contributed to or reworked shall vest in Tabloid Newspapers.
Advertiser’s warranty and indemnity
- The advertiser warrants:
- Not to discriminate against any respondents to an advertisement published in Tabloid Newspapers publications on the basis of their sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age or pregnancy.
- That the advertisement does not contravene any current legislation, rules, regulations or applicable codes of practice.
- That it is not in any way illegal or defamatory or a breach of copyright or an infringement of any other person’s intellectual property or other rights.
- If a photograph, logo or other image is supplied to accompany the advertisement:
1. that the advertiser has the right to license all rights in and to the images
2. that a licence in respect of that image has been granted to Tabloid Newspapers for use exclusively in the relevant advertisement
3. that the images do not infringe any intellectual property rights of any third parties
4. that all necessary consents of any persons featured in the images were secured at the time the images were captured.
2. The advertiser will indemnify and keep Tabloid Newspapers fully indemnified in respect of:
2.1. all claims, costs, demands, damages, liabilities, or other charges whatsoever arising as a result of legal actions or threatened legal actions resulting from the publication of the advertisement published in accordance with the copy instructions supplied to Tabloid Newspapers.
2.2. all direct, indirect or consequential liability, loss, damage, injury, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, legal and other professional fees and expenses) awarded against or incurred by Tabloid Newspapers as a result of or in connection with any infringement or alleged infringement of any intellectual property rights caused by the use of images supplied by the advertiser for use in their online advertisement.
1. While every endeavour will be made to meet the wishes of advertisers Tabloid Newspapers does not guarantee the insertion of any particular advertisement.
No liability for non-appearance of adverts in Tabloid Newspapers
1. Tabloid Newspapers shall not be liable for any loss or damage occasioned by any total or partial failure (howsoever caused) of publication or distribution of any publication in which any advertisement is scheduled to appear.
Publication in the online Tabloid Media Website
1. Unless the advertiser stipulates otherwise, all advertisements published in the printed publication may also be published online. At the time of submission of an advertisement, the advertiser may stipulate that he or she does not wish the advertisement to be included online. This stipulation: (i) must be made at the time of submission of the advertisement; (ii) cannot later be altered; (iii) will apply to all instances of publication of an advertisement arranged at the time of submission of that advertisement. Please note that advertisements form part of the online platform as published and cannot be removed or amended after publication.
Acceptance of terms
- The placing of an order for the insertion of an advertisement shall amount to an acceptance of the above conditions and any conditions stipulated on an agency’s order form or elsewhere by an agency or an advertiser shall be void insofar as they are in conflict with them.
- Tabloid Newspapers reserves the right to omit or suspend an advertisement at any time if the identity of the advertiser is not disclosed to Tabloid Newspapers or is not disclosed in the advertisement where such disclosure is required by law.