Jaguar has announced a range of enhancements to its XJ luxury sports sedan. The 2018 model year (2018MY) updates include the introduction of the XJR575 performance flagship model, a host of technology upgrades and the addition of the latest intelligent safety features.
The new XJR575 is the most dynamic derivative in the line-up and delivers 423kW and 700Nm of torque for effortless acceleration and refinement. The 18kW uplift in power is delivered by Jaguar Land Rover’s 5.0-litre V8 supercharged engine and powers the luxury sports sedan from 0-100km/h in 4.4 seconds and to a top speed of 300km/h.
Available in standard wheelbase bodystyle, the XJR575 reinforces the XJR’s standing as Jaguar’s fastest production sedan. Customers will be able to choose between two bespoke exterior colour finishes created at Special Vehicle Operations’ state-of-the-art Oxford Road facility: Velocity Blue and Satin Corris Grey.
Tailor-made exterior details include a rear spoiler, side sills, front bumper and lower air intakes featuring Gloss Black surrounds. Updated XJR575 exterior badging and twin bonnet louvres mark the vehicle out from the rest of the range while 20-inch Farallon gloss-black wheels with red painted brake callipers are the final dynamic flourish.
For 2018MY the XJ features a number of technology upgrades which enhance connectivity with 4G Wi-Fi capability, allowing occupants to stay online on the move with as many as eight devices.
In addition, the central console now features a larger 10-inch touchscreen. As well as giving customers greater clarity, the bigger screen functions like a smartphone allowing occupants to pinch and zoom when using satellite navigation and create custom homepages for shortcuts to favoured features.
At a Glance
• The XJ reaffirms its status as the most dynamic, distinctive luxury sedan in the world;
• Performance flagship XJR575 delivers 423kW and 700Nm for seamless acceleration from its supercharged 5.0-litre V8 engine;
• XJR575 joins the line-up alongside XJ Luxury, Premium Luxury, Portfolio, R-Sport and top-of-the-range Autobiography;
• Bold exterior design includes full LED headlights and unique double ‘J-Blade signature’ daytime running lights;
• Powerful 3.0-litre V6 diesel engine delivers 221kW/700Nm with CO2 emissions as low as 184g/km;
• Touch Pro infotainment offers door-to-door navigation, seamless iOS and Android connectivity;
• 10-inch central touchscreen features high-quality graphics and intuitive user interface;
• Reconfigurable 12.3-inch TFT instrument cluster offers full-screen navigation;
• All-Surface Progress Control enhances traction on low-friction surfaces such as snow and ice – all the driver has to do is steer;
• Black Pack options for subtly enhanced exterior styling;
• Suite of advanced Driver Assistance systems including, Adaptive Cruise Control with Queue Assist, Reverse Traffic Detection, Blind Spot Monitoring, 360-degree Surround Camera System and semi-automated bay- and parallel-parking.